Don't have an account? Sign up
A new Department by name Environment Department was formed by delinking the subject ‘Environment’ from the then existing Science, Technology and Environment Department, vide G.O. (Ms) No.10/2006/GAD dated 06.01.2006.
The Kerala State Pollution Control Board and the Kerala State Biodiversity Boards comes under the administrative control of this Department. Various activities for pollution control and biodiversity conservation are carried out through the Boards. An Environment management Agency was also formed vide GO (Ms) No. 5/2007/Envt. dated 28.07./07 for strengthening the Department and for coordinating activities related to environment carried out by various Departments.
1. All matters relating to environment and allied matters dealt with by the nodal department
2. Administration of Biodiversity Act and Rules, Kerala State Biodiversity Board and allied matters
3. Administration of all acts relating to Environmental Protection
4. Environment awareness creation, ecoclubs ad allied matters
5. Kerala State Pollution Control Board
6. Climate change and allied matters
7. River conservation Programmes
8. Environmental awards
9. Environmental research and Development
10.Environment Information System
11.Administrative Control of the Kerala Coastal Zone Management Authority
12.Environment management Agency
13.Water Appellate Authority