Quail meat is a sweet and delicate white meat with extremely low skin fat and low cholesterol value. Quail meat is rich in micronutrients and a wide range of vitamins including the B complex, folate and vitamin E and K. It is therefore recommended for people with high cholesterol levels and those who want to maintain a low level of cholesterol.
Quail – 6 to 7
Onion – 3
Oil- 3-4 Tbsp
Green chillies- 2-3
Garlic cloves(grated)- 9-10
Ginger grated- 3 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt- To taste
Chilli powder- 2 1/2tsp
Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
Garam masala- 2 tsp
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
Coconut milk- 1 cup
1. Marinate the quail with turmeric and salt.
2. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and saute the onion till it starts turning slight golden brown in color.
3. Add chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic. Saute till the raw smell leaves.
4. Add chopped tomato and saute again.
5. Now add the other spice powders and curry leaves and mix well.
6. Mix the marinated quail and close the lid to cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Pour in the coconut milk and mix well.
8. Close the lid and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring a couple of times in between.
9. Open the lid and stir continuously to dry off any water content.
10. Take out into a serving bowl.